Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert Pdf To Word Document

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 decco

decco

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have a layout of a family tree in a pdf file that i want to print. Its a huge layout but will only display on one page.

What i am trying to do (without success) is to enlarge it to several pages to print and then tape together.. hope that makes sense?

I've tried using a pdf to word converter programme but it comes out still on one page and complete gobbledy gook :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong and point me in the right direction?

I'm using foxit but do also have adobe.

Many thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrewp730

andrewp730

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

try this
http://www.zamzar.com/

#3 decco

decco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the link. It basically did exactly the same as the converter I'd already used, it still comes out on just the one page and indecipherable.

Good link tho.. useful to know, thanks again.

Any other ideas anyone??

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:19 AM

Hi decco.
I've had similar issues with the formatting and can suggest a couple things that you can work with.
Open your pdf in Adobe Acrobat.
Click File>Save as. Do not save as a .doc. Instead, save as an .rtf using the drop down menu.
You can then open and do any editing (spacing, margins, etc) in Word and then save as a .doc. Images remain in tact.
If you find that you cant get it just like you want it that way, save as an .html file and open it with your browser.
You can copy>paste from there to word, piece by piece.

#5 decco

decco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi decco.
I've had similar issues with the formatting and can suggest a couple things that you can work with.
Open your pdf in Adobe Acrobat.
Click File>Save as. Do not save as a .doc. Instead, save as an .rtf using the drop down menu.
You can then open and do any editing (spacing, margins, etc) in Word and then save as a .doc. Images remain in tact.
If you find that you cant get it just like you want it that way, save as an .html file and open it with your browser.
You can copy>paste from there to word, piece by piece.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, however when i click on File there is no Save As option, only Save as Text.. the drop down menu only gives me the text option, which leads me back to square one :thumbsup:

Also i've just installed Acrobat version 9 in the hope that it may help, but no luck.

I'm sure i'm missing something, it should be such a simple thing to do.. i.e. enlarge and print on more than one page... is it so much to ask? lol..

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:58 AM

Sorry decco.
I "assumed" you had the full adobe acrobat version. It appears it's just the reader you have?
I'm not familiar with that family tree software stuff. Is it in flow chart style or what?
Might have another idea if it is.
Let us know.

#7 decco

decco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

This is basically what I'm trying to convert

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users...n/PDFGENEO2.pdf

maybe you can help?

thnks..

#8 christmascarol73

christmascarol73

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

What printer do you have? I have an HP & can click on print/properties/effects and increase the print size to whatever percent I would like it to print. FWIW too, if you your 'regular' size print out to an Office depot or Office Max,etc. they can very easily enlarge it to the size you want & it does not cost much at all to do. Hope this helps you.

Edited by christmascarol73, 20 September 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#9 decco

decco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

I too have an HP. I've been through the options but still cant manage to get it to do what i want :thumbsup:

I'm in the UK, unfortunately we don't have Office Max here , however perhaps i can source somewhere similar that may be able to help me out.

This has now become a real challenge, I'm determined to do it somehow!

Thanks for you input tho, much appreciated.

#10 decco

decco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:42 AM

Update!

Finally managed to sort this out :thumbsup:

I converted the pdf to jpeg, opened it in 'Paint' and hey presto! i was able to enlarge and print it.. all 28 pages! lol...

#11 jana

jana

• Banned
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

You can use the save as feature in Adobe Acrobat 7 (the full version). They have got that option. No converters required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users