I'm in the process of plotting out my upgrade. I'm changing mostly all of the essential parts and this will be my first time. I've already made small upgrades over the years (DOP: Jan 2005).
Recently my system crashed due to a sick HDD, using the Ultimate BootCD I saved my data with DriveImage XML, replaced the HDD. and used my HP recovery disks to restore the system. This successful save lead me to wanting more. So I am now trying to build a system that will stand at least a successful upgrade to Windows Vista down the road, and perform somewhat above par (graphic designer and 3D gamer) for the next few years.
My blueprint is very flexible. If you know of any possible price cuts/discounts/alternatives without sacrificing overall performance, I'm all ears. Max Performance for very limited budget.
Thank you for reading, please help if you can BACKGROUND INFO:UPGRADE BLUEPRINT:PROCESSOR & MEMORY:
- 2.80GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane Dual-Core Processor, Socket AM2 65W
- 4GB Kingston SDRAM, (2x2GB) 240-pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
- ASUS M2A-VM HDMI AM2 AMD 690G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- ASUS M2N-SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131246MISC items I may need:
I'm not positive if I need these and if I do, which type for a tight budget?
- CPU Fans and/or Heatsinks
- New Tower/Case/Power Supply ?
OS: After successful upgrade, eventually upgrade to Windows Vista------------------------------------------------------------------------------ COMPLETED UPGRADES:
- WD Caviar SE EIDE 320GB, 7200 RPM, 8 MB Cache, (WD3200JBRTL)
- 1GB SDRAM, (2x512MB) PC3200 DDR
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500, 256MB
- Creative Audigy 2 (LS) Sound Card, PCIFACTORY HP Pavilion a810n Desktop PC (Released Dec 2004):
- 2.40GHz AMD Athlon 64 3300+ Processor, 256KB L2 cache, 1600MHz FSB
- 512MB SDRAM 184-pin DDR 400 (PC 3200) Memory, expandable to 2GB
- Samsung SpinPoint P80 SP1604N 160GB, 7200RPM Ultra DMA HDD
- Motherboard: Asus K8S-LA (Salmon), Micro-ATX form factor, Socket 754
(3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394)
- Dbl-Layer 16X DVD+/-RW/CR-RW Drive (48x CD-RW)
- CD-ROM Drive, 48x
- Integrated SIS Mirage 2 graphics card with 128MB shared video memory
- Memory Slots: 2 DIMM, 184-pin, DDR 400 SDRAM, PC3200
- 9-in-1 front panel Memory card reader
- Sound: Integrated audio chipset
- (7) high-speed USB 2.0 ports
- (2) IEEE 1394 "FireWire" ports
- Integrated 10/100Base-T networking interface, PCI Ethernet, V.92 data/fax modem
- OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP2