Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msmincho.tt_ Copy Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Js5690

Js5690

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

I was attempting to install eastern languages into my computer and whenever i try i always get the popup saying "copy error, setup cannot copy the file msmincho.tt_. Ensure that the disk labeled 'Windows XP home edition CD-ROM' is in the drive selected below, or provide the location where the file can be found.

The drive is I:\I386\LANG and the MSmincho file is in there. this always happens when i start the setup for the eastern languages setup, and a few seconds into the installation that error message comes up. is there a way to fix this or get a new MEmincho file? if so how? and how do i swap it with the current corrupted one that i have?

Edited by Js5690, 17 September 2008 - 07:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Js5690

Js5690
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

can someone please help me with this problem? sorry for the double post

#3 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

OK, it is likely that either your disk is scrathced or you are having an issue with your dvd drive, try cleaning the cd first, then see if you can copy that specific file of the cd manually.

#4 Js5690

Js5690
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

I tried that and it still says that the file wont copy

#5 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

did you try the manual copy

#6 Js5690

Js5690
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

yes and it worked for about a second then it went back to the crash pop up and said that i cannot copy msgothic

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

Where did you get the software as appears the file name may be incorrect. I believe that extension should be .ttf.
A microsoft Truetype Font.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Js5690

Js5690
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

I downloaded the msmincho file from http://ftp.delta-v.org/drivers/ittdriver/W...pn/msmincho.tt_

update: i found out that it is something wrong withh the disk because when i hit cancelit just finds another file tht cant be read, i guess il have to get another disk. thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Js5690, 17 September 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#9 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:00 PM

the .tt_ is an unextracted version of the file, what you can do is if you have a friend with a burner see if he can make a copy, this can sometimes work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users