Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista System Restore Taking An Age!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BarnesyJr48

BarnesyJr48

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hi all, newbie here!
Having a complete and utter technological 'mare, but sticking to the useful rule: one post, one problem
OK, i've got to the point whereby I need to do a system restore, to take me back to before SP1 was installed.
The restore point is there, it all starts off ok, but at almost 18 hours later, my PC is still reporting that 'System Restore is restoring the registry".
I am running Vista 32 bit Home Premium on a one year old ACER T-180 i believe, and have done a system restore before, but I swear it never took this long before. I just wanted to know if this is normal and I should wait until it finishes (if it ever does..), or should I restart and try and fix the other problem that drove me to this point.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users