Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Stops After 15 Minutes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

hi when watching a dvd either in the tray or external dvd player or straight from harddrive after approx 15/16 minutes the picture goes leaving the screen black as though the laptop as closed down, the sound is still on and the movie still runs,but the laptop is frozen,task manager wont show no keys or commands show the only way out is to switch off manually, i thought it might be the vlc player so i up dated from 0.8.6i to 0.9.2 but it still happens, this problem has only just started i have watched movies for some time in any of the three ways and have never encountered this before can anyone shed any light as to what is happening,the o/s is xp pro sp3 cheers
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

try media player classic. Sounds almost like your screen saver/power saver kicks on and refuses to shut off. Does it ever do that outside of watching movies?

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

hello smurfgod i extended the screen saver time to 2 hours the other day but no change, it dosnt do it when the laptop is used for any thing else, i wondered if it was related to no key movements over a given time but as i originally said it as only this last week started to happen cheers flavius

#4 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

smurfqod, problem solved i went to the power opions icon in control panel clicked power schemes and turned the "monitor turn off " up to 3 hours which means that a can now watch a dvd or movie straight off hard drive cheers finbar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users