Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bytefright

bytefright

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hi, I'm the one in my family that does "things" to the computer, mainly because I'm the only one interested. Problem is, I know just enough to get myself in trouble. Anytime things go wrong, the PC freezes or runs slow or a scary warning pops up, everyone turns to me saying, "What did you DO?" My usual response is, "I just upgraded, that's all!" Upgrading stuff gets me into strife all the time and I'd like to know why. I'd also like to know stuff in general about how it all works. I know little bits about my computer and my programs but they don't seem to fit together in any way that helps me foresee a problem. I've been very impressed by the advice given in this Forum, the time and patience taken by the moderators, and I hope to learn lots more from you guys. Thanks for the opportunity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Trial and error is one way to discover how computers work, to be sure. But often it is much easier and certainly much less aggravating to rely on help and advice from more experienced users. The common stock of computer knowledge here at BC will certainly help you.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users