Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ctrl + X Does Not Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TCPrince

TCPrince

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:31 AM

Recently, my computer has stopped cutting any object or text when I press ctrl+x. I need to right click and select cut, only then it cuts.

This shows that the cutting feature hasn't broken up, but, more like the shortcut keys for it, the ctrl+X keys have stopped working as a shortcut for cutting. I don't understand how this happened. Also, when I press ctrl+c it copies and when I press ctrl+v it pastes, that's no problem. It copies and pastes through the keyboard, but is not able to cut from the keyboard.

Any help in solving this problem is appreciated. Thanx for your time. :thumbsup:

EDIT- I'm running XP Pro, 512 RAM, Logitech keyboard. Also, recently I had installed this RegToy program, it had done many changes to the Windows UI like added various stuff to the right click menu and others. I uninstalled it the next day as I didn't need it, but I'm not sure if the problem started after using it. But, I think it must be at the same time, as since then I am having this problem. This is that software http://k-n.co.cc/. The Download.com link is http://www.download.com/RegToy/3000-2094_4-10510914.html.

Edited by TCPrince, 17 September 2008 - 04:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

Recently, my computer has stopped cutting any object or text when I press ctrl+x. I need to right click and select cut, only then it cuts.

This shows that the cutting feature hasn't broken up, but, more like the shortcut keys for it, the ctrl+X keys have stopped working as a shortcut for cutting. I don't understand how this happened. Also, when I press ctrl+c it copies and when I press ctrl+v it pastes, that's no problem. It copies and pastes through the keyboard, but is not able to cut from the keyboard.

Any help in solving this problem is appreciated. Thanx for your time. :thumbsup:

EDIT- I'm running XP Pro, 512 RAM, Logitech keyboard. Also, recently I had installed this RegToy program, it had done many changes to the Windows UI like added various stuff to the right click menu and others. I uninstalled it the next day as I didn't need it, but I'm not sure if the problem started after using it. But, I think it must be at the same time, as since then I am having this problem. This is that software http://k-n.co.cc/. The Download.com link is http://www.download.com/RegToy/3000-2094_4-10510914.html.

Using programs to make registry edits is a bad idea, because you do not know if they make back ups. I am willing to bet that the issues were caused by RegToy. I have never never heard of that program, and therefore wouldn't trust it on any of my computers.

#3 TCPrince

TCPrince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

Thanx for the reply Cryptodan. I think you must be right that the software Regtoy did some changes, but what I want to know is if there is any way to repair the harm done. How do I repair this fault so that I can user ctrl + x for my cutting uses again.

If you have any other info or anything, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanx for helping.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

One possible way is to re-install RegToy software again and tinker with its settings so it restores the Ctrl-X functionality back.

#5 TCPrince

TCPrince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Yeah I thought that if there was no other option, I would reinstall that software again and look around if it changed any settings. Actually it's not a bad software but a very cool one as it lets you personalize your computer to a great extent. Thanx for the suggestion of re-installing anyway. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users