Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help =(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poiuyt

poiuyt

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

hi im new to this site but i had a problem with my computer
theer was all these fake windows security alerts and so i got spyhunter and adaware and scanned and removed the things it found
however the popups were still popping up
so i googled it
and found sdfix and did what it says
but unfortunately.. my ocmputer is vista and i didnt realise until later that it didnt work cos of that
so i read a topic someone else posted who had the same problem with sdfix and the replier said to get combofix
and so i downlaoded combofix.. got a log thing and all
but now.. its just this one popup that keeps coming up... i think
its the vista security box and it says something about a trojan and its critical and one of the only option apart from exiting the box is 'enable protection' and this leads you to a site which advertises fake products.
does anyone know how to help =( ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 poiuyt

poiuyt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

i also have a screenshot but i dont know how to post it

oops sorry. i didnt see the 'no problems' thing on the top
im so noob ==

#3 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:22 AM

No worries. Somone will move it for you. As for your problem

I recommend AVG Free 8. It works with Vista x64 so surely it will work for vista 32. I would install that run it and try removing these bugs you have. This program works for me... >_> alittle too well. Anyways thats not the point some nudie sites.. Err yeah bad sites are infected and it will stop and block the bug from doing damage and will ask you to delete the temp file.
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

I am sure our Members can help you now that you have posted in the AM I INFECTED? Forum. It may not be necessary to post a screendump; if it is, someone will reply telling you what you need to do.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users