Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Woes...virus For Real?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snowshooz

Snowshooz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

Ok...My printer woes haven't been resolved as of yet...but THIS appeared on CyberDefender when I last scanned...
Virus Details

Virus Name: lxdbcoms.exe.up1
Location: c:\system volume information\_restore{70304573-ab33-4072-aa96-4495c42d15e3}\rp1280\a0154188.exe
Type: File
Quarantine Time: 2008/09/15 02:51:03

Description:

Advice: CyberDefender earlyVIRUS recommends you remove this risk item. If this is not a risk item for you, select it and click Restore Selected Item button to keep it. It will not be detected again.

Is THIS the reason why my printer won't communicate with the compter and I am getting "RPC Server is unavailable " errors??? Is THIS really a virus or is Cyber Scanner being overly cautious???

ANY IDEAS?? :flowers:

THanks so much! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

I'm moving this post to Am I Infedted where they might know
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Let's disconnect the printer and remove any drivers and software related to it in add/remove programs

Then we can verify if there's any malware on your computer, try to remove it if so

Then reload the printer drivers and software

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=946387

Use this post to install update and run a scan with MBAM

after 4 pages of google I am not impressed with CyberDefender
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

Snowshooz has a HJT log posted here, which has not yet received any replies from the HJT team.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168045/whats-the-deal-my-printer-isnt-working-now/

Snowshooz, our HJT team has a backlog of logs to review, which is why no one has responded to yours. If you still want the team to review it, DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR COMPUTER. Changes invalidate the contents, and a new log would eventually have to be produced.

You can also post HERE: (read the first post before making your post)Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 September 2008 - 10:06 AM.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

For reasons Queen-Evie has stated in her post, this topic is closed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users