Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Printer On Network, Disabling Netware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hi, I have a laptop that I have connected to the internet wirelessly. The computer that it is connecting through has already been on a network with a couple of other computers and is able to share its printer with them. However, I can't figure out how to connect this computer to the printer. Going through "add printer" does not come up with any printer.

I tried experimenting on my own a bit, and I tried installing a driver in my wireless network properties. The driver installed something called NetWare, and now when I restart my computer (XP SP2), the computer immediately brings me to a page asking for the account password. I press enter and am able to access this account, but I can't access any other accounts.

How can I return the computer launch settings to standard and remove this Netware thing? I'm too afraid to try experimenting by myself at this point.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

Netware is by Novell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novell_NetWare
I'm moving this topic. I believe it's better suited in our Networking Forum
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 HJT Noob

HJT Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Thanks, I figured it out... well kinda. Uninstalling Netware was a cinch. I couldn't get the printer to be detected until after I transfered a load of files from another hard drive, and somehow the printer just came up. :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Glad it's working
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users