Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Pages Don't Load At All

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LongCatIsLooooong

LongCatIsLooooong

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi everyone. This is my first post here! (well, actually I had a problem a long time ago and I used this website, but I forgot all my login info...)
I recently got a new laptop (sometime in the last 2 or 3 months) and about 2 or 3 weeks ago (could be MUCH less or MUCH more, I forget) I found out Google made a new web browser. I downloaded it. I really like it. I think this has NOTHING to do with causing the problem I have, but it just explains how I am on the Internet now.

Now, one day, I went on IE7, because I kind of switch around between Google Chrome and IE7. So, as I was saying, on IE7, Google, my homepage, loaded as usual. I typed something into the search bar (Google search bar) and the page started loading. It was loading for at least 3 minutes when I tried closing IE7. Nothing happened, and after a long time I pressed ctrl, alt, delete and quit it. When it finally quit I went back in and tried going to another website, like Youtube. It didn't open either. All it does is load for a long time and still show the Google homepage with the small loading bar in the bottom. If I minimize it and maximize it again, it turns into a white blank screen with nothing on it. It is very frustrating. No websites at all work. The next day after restarting I tried again. I tried many times until a Google search opened up. I clicked on a link there but it didn't work... Then that didn't work again when I tried to do it again.

So basically I can't use IE7, and as far as I know I can't downgrade to IE6 or reinstall it (actually I might be able to, but I don't know). For now I'm using Google Chrome...

Also, I read the thing that says "Read this before you post" or something, and it said to post only one problem on each post. But I don't know if this next problem is related and it may be important, so if it isn't, just tell me to make a new thread about it please.
I tried downloading something and I got a message on Norton Antivirus that "A recent attempt to attack this computer was blocked". Then my background color became solid white. After a restart, it was solid blue, and it hasn't changed since. I can't change my background color because it says that the administrator disabled it or something. But I am the administrator and the only user on this computer (It is a laptop used at home).

So yeah, I really need help with this. Please, if you help me with this, don't give me too many things to download unless it is 100% necessary because I want to save space on this computer. Also, unless you are sure it is the problem 100%, please don't make me delete Google Chrome, because it is now the only way I can get onto the Internet.

Thanks a lot in advance :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Your problems looks at first glance to be a malware caused issue, locked desktops and the background sceen not being to be changed is usually a sign of the smitfraud\vundo range of malware.
download malware bytes, install and update it and do a quick scan and we will see if there are nasties on your pc, if so this will probably be moved to the malware removal section
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...4-10804572.html

Edited by Charybdis, 17 September 2008 - 12:11 AM.

#3 LongCatIsLooooong

LongCatIsLooooong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

Thank you! I did what you said, now everything works fine EXCEPT for when I restarted my computer.
When I opened it it said "Could not find ????????" and after I clicked okay it said again "Could not find ???????"
THe ??????/ can be filled in with some place on my computer. For example, C:/BlaBla/BlaBlaBla. Each time it said something different.
I think that the program erased two important files on my computer. Is there a way to get them back? I do NOT know what they were called.

Other than that IE7 works fine and background can be changed easily. Thanks :huh:

#4 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

The error message you are getting is that the anti malware program removed the bad files off your pc but not the part that actually tries to load them, so you get a "i cant find this file" error. you would be best off posting in the hijack this/malware removal section because im not certified on the site to help you out. you could also pm a moderator o just move this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users