Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Instructions To Scan And Save Logs With Popular Antivirus Programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Hello.

I was just thinking that it may be a good idea to have a topic with the instructions to scan and save a log file with the most common antivirus programs, similar to the topic with how to disable the AVs.

Scanning isn't a problem because there is usually a big "Scan" button, but some AVs don't make it clear where the log reports are stored.

Please tell me what you think.

With Regards,
The Panda

Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 September 2008 - 10:41 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

Sounds like a good idea, who would right the topics and who would say what programs are to be included and which arnt?

Or would members be able to summit programs to staff?

Would be very helpful to have tho!
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

Could try a pinned section in
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
with instructions for all the major antivirus programs, and all the major scanner programs used outside the HJT forum with info on what windows versions they are and are not compatible with maybe?

Would save people having to repeat instructions for each new poster( and save forum space too ); just link them to the specific section IN the sub section with full instructions ON how to run the specific scan and post the results

maybe folks could give names of specific programs they think could benefit from this method?

The staff will I suggest need to decide on what is put in the section ,with suggestions and requests etc from the floor .

Maybe the Staff amongst others who have canned speeches could let them be utilized in this section?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users