Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error/blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 b3john

b3john

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

I need help with an error I've been getting every so often. I spent the last few weeks dealing with HJT logs and combofix trying to find the problem. The topic has been closed, because my registry is clean and my virus software isn't finding any viruses. I've been told to turn off my automatic restart so I can get the information from the blue screen. I've done that and it is a (I think) Stop Error. The top of the page says a problem has been detected and so on. It has KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. It says some other generic problem solving steps that don't really work like checking for installation of any new hardware and software. It talks about disabling some of the BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. I have not done that only because I don't know what it will do. I know how to do it, just not what it will do or the purpose. Then it says Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xc03dd7ac, 0xc000000e, 0xf75eb130, 0x137c5860)
*** atapi.sys - Address F75eb130 base at f75da000, DateStamp 41107b4d

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support groupfor further assistance.

I apologize for how long this is but I wanted to get all the important inforation down incase any of it was important. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

Try this: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1106266732

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users