Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Video/audio Capture Card You Recommend?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hi everybody!...
I have posted several topics seeking help from people on here that have resolved (or making a little less frustrating) my "confuser" problems...Thanks to all that have replied with their wise help...!!!

This time I am seeking your honest opinion regarding:
Which Video and Audio Capture Card you people recommend?....I have seen several reviews at different websites selling these, but as more I see and read, the more undecided I am....so does anybody on here have any of these to recommend me?...

I was near buying this one:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDeta..._keycode=823003

but then I scrolled down to the customer reviews and saw 2 negative feedbacks...
So, if anyone has had a good experience on using one video capture card, please give me some wisdom...

Im running a HP Laptop with firewire, DVDR, Dual core, Windows Vista Ultimate, 160GB of space....buy it new at Circuit City for $1200 4 months ago....or for an internal card I do have regular PC running Windows XP....running 512 Megs of memory, DVDR, 3 hard drives: (250, 160 and 120 gigs)...

Thanks!

Edited by ignorantmonkey, 16 September 2008 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

I've heard good things about Hauppauge
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/usb_data.htm
The one thing I've learned about customer feedback is you've got to read between the lines. Some people consider them selves to be "experts" when that is hardly the case
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

What Mark said :thumbsup:.

I have 1 Hauppauge card and 2 ATI AIWs. ATI cards typically develop driver problems when updating...I'd suggest Hauppauge as a better choice.

Darn...I forgot that I have two Pinnacle cards until I looked at your link. I'd suggest doing some "comparison shopping" before throwing cash down.

FWIW: What you linked to...is not a card. A capture card goes inside the computer. You linked to a capture device, which means that you don't have to install it in the computer case. If that's what you want...forget the above statements about capture cards.

The one thing that I would suggest: Make sure that what you buy is what you want, regarding features and capabilities.

I will add that, if you intend to capture Hi-Def quality, then you need to look for a card/device that captures at that level.

Louis

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

FWIW: What you linked to...is not a card. A capture card goes inside the computer. You linked to a capture device, which means that you don't have to install it in the computer case. If that's what you want...forget the above statements about capture cards.

I'm running a HP Laptop with firewire, DVDR, Dual core, Windows Vista Ultimate, 160GB of space....buy it new at Circuit City for $1200 4 months ago.

Edited by garmanma, 16 September 2008 - 04:31 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

As we used to say in the Army, "inattention to detail" by me :thumbsup:.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the External Hardware category by someone with the power.

Louis

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

We can do that
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users