Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think Im Still Infected!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SilverXangel

SilverXangel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

I have had problems with my computer for awhile, such as: freezeing, hardrive light flickering wildly, network shut on and off at will, and

-I had First defraged and used some of my usuall programs to fix my computer, such as AVG and windows defender
-I used Spybot, and it did find numerous problems, but it denied me admin rights ( i was on my admin account!) and it would not allow me to delete the bad files
-I had thought that maybe one of those problems had messed up my windows software, so i had the idea to reinstall to try to fix it.
-Reinstalled
-I had downloaded Avira and spybot was reinstalled too
-Avira had picked up 3 worms, 9 Viruses, and some other unidentfied source of malware. I deleted them all
-I went back and deleted all my windows old files
-When i restarted the black screen showed lines and various colors (but start up still worked)
-I dismissed that problem and continued useing the computer
-It started acting funny again Freezeing, network was being overused, and my Cpu and hardware are staying around 60-70%
-I've used Avira, Spybot, then i've tried Windows live care. all of which has not found a thing wrong

So, here i am confused at what to do next, i feel like i've done EVERYTHING imaginable to fix this problem and i need really need some advice.

Added info-

-Im useing a dell with Windows Vista (vista is the worst!)
-This computer has been troubled for at least 2-3 weeks

If any more information is needed please ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Welcome

Let's try a Malwarebytes scan and see what is shows.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users