Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerquest Drive Image 2002

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maco

Maco

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

Hello Guys:

For quite a few years I have been using Drive Image (DI) daily with no problems whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden I get "Error 45 CRC error in data" when it gets to about 94% done. I did a check on Google & all I found was to do a checkdisk for errors. All comes out AOK, no errors whatsoever, then I run DI again to no avail.

Does anybody have any idea what it might be?

Also, I know I can run DI with a DEBUG switch so as to find what the problem might be, but I don't have any idea how to do it. I looked thru the HELP section in the program & this is what they have:

Command Line Options
The following command line options are supported by Drive Image 2002. When you specify multiple options, the order is unimportant.
Command Line Option Description
/CBS Check for bad sectors
/DBG[=<Filename>] Enable debug messages
/ERR=<Filename> Specify error output file
/IFC Ignore file system checks
/LOG=<Filename> Specify log output file
/MFS=<Number> Set maximum image file size
/OVI=<Number> Overlapped I/O (multi-threading) not available in DOS version
/PRI=<Number> (with /OVI) Set process priority (multi-threading)
/VIP Verify image partitions
/ZLB Use ZLib compression so Drive Image 2002 can read images created with Drive Image 1.0 or 2.0

Could somebody PLEASE guide me as to how to proceed?

THANK YOU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check)
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/power...004031721675462
I would suggest going to the manufacturer's support site for the hard drive and download their diagnostic utility
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Maco

Maco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

THANKS a lot. The Seagate diagnostic utility took care of it. It found 3 errors in the disk & fixed them. Sad thing about the whole thing is that I knew about that utility & completely forgot about. I kept trying Windows checkdisk & kept telling me that all was AOK.

Well, THANKS again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users