Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Printing Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StewieG23

StewieG23

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

I have a desktop PC which is directly connected to a printer and the internet. I also have a laptop which is connected to the internet wirelessly through the desktop PC.
I would like to be able to print from my laptop without physically connecting it to the printer. Is it possible to do that without turning on my desktop PC? As my printer is currently only connected to the desktop PC I am guessing that I am unable to do that unless I connect it to the wireless network somehow.

Could anyone please tell me how I can set this up?

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:
StewieG23

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

Worth reading, ignore the fact that it's an HP printer, the procedure should be basically the same no matter who the manufacturer is: http://www.wikihow.com/Add-an-HP-Printer-t...ireless-Network

As you suspect, the current setup (printer is shared device connected to desktop) means that the desktop would have to be on since it's a shared device of the desktop.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2008 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users