Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noisy Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justjules

justjules

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hi, I've just built myself a new machine using a Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 cpu, Asrock P43Twins 1600 mobo, 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz RAM, 512mb video card, I upgraded the stock heatsink and fan to a Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Unfortunately I was running out of money so I put them in a cheap case and used a cheap 650watt PSU. The trouble is it is so noisy and i,m not sure if the noise is coming from the PSU or the heatsink fan. I have built lower spec PC's before and never had this problem. Does anyone have any idea's.
Thanks in advance.
Jules

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

Have a look here
http://www.quietpcusa.com/AcoustiPack-ULTI...it--P439C4.aspx

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11319_7-5670307-1.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 justjules

justjules
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Cheers, both sites were interesting. In the end I went down the road of getting a more expensive case and PSU. Just got to try it out.
Thanks again
Jules

#4 justjules

justjules
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hi, well I bought a new Antec case which cost about 70 and the thing still sounds like its trying to take off, great for flight simulators!
Not sure what to try next.
Cheers
Jules

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

The soundproofing mat material works quite well
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

Be careful if you decide to use soundproofing material, some absorb heat making your PC hotter. Here's a link that can help: SilentPC

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users