Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Has No Input From Dvi Or Vga Connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 caelrelva

caelrelva

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

I just bought a new computer to build myself. Being that this is my first one to do myself and the fact that newegg decided to not provide me with any sort of instructions with my motherboard. I'm wouldnt doubt it if its something I just didnt connect or connected incorrectly. I'm kind of leaning toward it being my video card though. its an EVGA geforce 9800 gx2, everything seems to be running on it but there is a green light on the bottom that doesnt come on like the one on top. so far that seems to be the ONLY thing that does not come on inside the case. I've also tried using a different monitor (same with the known good monitor) and also connected the monitor i'm trying to use with another computer (works fine).

if it helps this is my intire setup inside.
P5N72-T Premium motherboard
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
Intel Core 2 Duo
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model iHAS220-08 - Retail
Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Edited by caelrelva, 16 September 2008 - 03:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

Do you have the correct power adapters to connect to your 9800gx2.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

Manual and drivers: http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

I'd double-check all connections as a prelimary step, starting with the panel connections.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users