Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Problem - Lines All Over

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azure_fantist

azure_fantist

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hi all, I have gotten some problems and questions that wanna be asked.
1. My desktop LCD monitor have been experincing some problems these few days as shown in the picture below. This is just a small snapshot of it where there are lines all over the screen as soon as the monitor is on... Is this a sign that my monitor life span is up?

Anyway I have been using it for about 3-4 years. Last time only gotten a few lines at the screen, but whenever it starts up the next time, the screen is back to normal. This time it has gotten worst...
Posted Image

2. Does getting a monitor the bigger the inch, the more power it consume?

3. Lastly roughly how long can a 17 and 19 inch LCD monitor lasts?

Thanks alot! Really need this answers...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

Have you tried the monitor on a different computer, or another good monitor on your computer?

The reason I ask is that the image is mangled, but the mouse cursor is unaffected. If the monitor is causing the image distortion, the mouse cursor should be equally distorted.

Swapping as above will prove for sure, but it looks to me like the problem is in the video card, generating a faulty image possibly due to damage from overheating. A hardware mouse cursor can still be inserted into the faulty image, and appear completely normal as per your photo.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users