Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mccall

mccall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hi, good evening

We had our old computer moved to other room so the kids can use it after we bought ours a brand new couple months ago. On theirs is XP and ours is Vista.

Both of the computers are using Firefox as browsers. Both were upgraded to the latest version, FF 3.0 and I notice on their XP has colorful icons on top menu while our Vista show its dull unlike on theirs. Prior to upgraded the FF to 3.0 v on Vista, at the start menu it used to be a crystal blue background and now its plain white background. If I may add, couple weeks ago when I clicked on a link in search engine and I get a "Antivirus XP" page, on Vista? I don't understand. Note: we didn't click anything on that page, each time we X it to close it we get annoying pop ups from that page.

We're using AVG and Comodo on Vista.

Please help before if it gets worse. Thanks.

Here's what the start menu and top menu on FF browser looks like

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 September 2008 - 10:34 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users