Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Mobo And Wont Boot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 H@cker

H@cker

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hey guys my name is Heath and i have a computer that has a socket 754 and i just replaced the motherboard, but now when i turn the power on the cpu fan runs full speed and hard drive or and other drives wont work like there not getting power... I have tested the power supply with two testers just to make sure and the PS test fine. Could it be the CPU that maybe giving me issues? I have tried all drive unplugged and tried them one at a time and still the same thing. Please help me out b/c i dont want to buy a CPU then find out its not that.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

You might want to try resetting your CMOS. There is usually a small Jumper or sometimes a button. If you can't find either of them, you can just remove the battery for 30 seconds or so.

This should reset the CMOS, just in case something there is preventing it from booting.

You may also want to dismantle your computer and put all of the components on a wooden table (or other non-conductive surface). Hook everything up and see if you have any luck. If so, you may be shorting the Mobo on the case somewhere. try putting everything back and see how that goes.

Good luck.

DR

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

What make and model of motherboard is it and what kind of processor are you using?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 H@cker

H@cker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

What make and model of motherboard is it and what kind of processor are you using?

It is a Foxcon MOBO and socket 754 CPU. The mobo is brand new and the cpu is not. It use to die when i hit the power button before i installed the mobo. Now it just does nothing but spin the cpu fan and no video signal to the monitor and the HD doesnt spin up.

#5 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

Sounds like a fault with the power supply. or It dosn't have enough watts to run the new motherboard/hard drive video card and whatever else might be plugged in. Other problem could be. The video card could be shot.. The CPU should be ok unless you touched the electrods and cause a static discharge frying the CPU itself. Most important thing when buying a New motherboard is make sure it can support the FSB. IE 800Mhz 1066Mhz 1333Mhz 1600Mhz. Same with memory.
Posted Image

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Well...if the CPU is the same one used with the previous problem...it would remain on my Candidates List :thumbsup:.

Louis

#7 H@cker

H@cker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

Well...if the CPU is the same one used with the previous problem...it would remain on my Candidates List :thumbsup:.

Louis

yep turned out to be a bent pin on the CPU... oops.. thanks guys for the input.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users