Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 devilswim3

devilswim3

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

I have aproblem, my computer has been turning off randomly. Someone in the HJT forum said it may have to do with a heat or hardware problem....I was wondering if you could help me. Also my computers fan is very loud. Thak you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

First, make sure your antivirus is updated, as some viruses can make a computer shut down unexpectedly. Second, take off your computers side panel (while its off :thumbsup: )and clean out all of the dirt from the heatsink. (and all other places while youre at it) If you take the heatsink off, be careful not to crush the core of the processor when you put it back on. Also, on the fan, if you take hold of the blades and pull GENTLY while twisting a little back and forth helps loosen it up. Make sure that all the jumpers/switches are set correctly on the motherboard as an overclocked processor can overheat and become unstablized, resulting in a shutdown.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Lots of noise may indicate a bad fan or two. If it's a processor fan, that would explain a lot about your problem. Bad bearings mean slower speed. Remember to follow strict guidelines to prevent statical electrical discharge damage if you're working inside the computer. Unplug the power cord and ground yourself to a metal part of the case before touching anything inside. Don't open the power supply - there are dangerous capacitors inside. If it's a power supply fan, order a new one. They are pretty cheap these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users