Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office Standard Ed 2003 Not Responding?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Conniebird

Conniebird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

Compter: HP Pavilion m7463w
OS: Windows XP Media with all the latest updates SP3 I believe.
Software giving me fits: MS Office Standard Ed 2003 with latest updates SP3 also I believe.
Norton 360 latest edition installed.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed.
CCleaner installed.

Problem:

I will open one of the programs in MS Office 2003 Standard Ed once and then it won't respond after that. I open the task manager and see some office programs are still processing under the processing tab. The programs running tab just shows hp update running. I end the ms office processes and then I can use the ms office program again.

One example:

I open MS Outlook 2003 check email and close. I try to open it again later on and it will not respond. I open task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and see only hp udates running (normal). I click the Processes tab and see: OUTLOOK.EXE AND WINWORD.EXE. I end those two processes and close task manager. I can now open MS Outlook 2003 again. I close it MS Outlook 2003. I try again to open it. It doesn't respond. I open task manager and it's the same as before with the two processes running. I end both processes again so I can open MS Outlook 2003 again.

Steps I have already taken:

I have already tried unistalling MS Office Standard Ed 2003 and re-installing; and it didn't fix the problem.

I deleted all email messages except the one you get MS. Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Outlook 2003 Team [olteam@microsoft.com]

I scanned my computer with Norton and Malwarebytes---it showed nothing.

I ran CCleaner. I also went to Internet Options, Delete, Delete All to clean all temp files (cleaned cache).

I rebooted.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Conniebird

Conniebird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

I should also state that I purchased the MS Office Software direct from MS. I got the disks with the license key and not just the download. Also, in order to update the MS Office 2003, I ran the Genuine Micorsoft Office which is a requirement to get the updates for the MS Office 2003 Software.

My software is not pirated. I only buy software from the source; in this case Microsoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users