Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connectivity issue with program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

Ok, guys, hopefully i'm wording this right. It came from one of the other departments, so I haven't had much time to go and duplicate the error:

We have two high-speed page scanners which are connected to networked PCs. Now ultimately, we want to put all scanned data onto a network folderon our server. However, when we put the data on the network, the program we use (AutoData Form Reader) crashed after a while. Now I know that the network drive will disconnect from the PC if there is no data bein transferred, but could that cause the program to crash, or am i looking for another error. i'll be diving into the systems tomorrow to try to duplicate the error and diagnose, but i'd love to hear some preliminary thoughts.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

I seriously doubt thats the problem. It could be this software is having trouble with the latency of the network shares or just has network support issues. How are you saving the files on the share...via UNC or drive letter?

#3 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Drive letter. I think we found a solution though. I dug into the registry and set the network time-out autodisconnect to the highest integer possible (in hex -ffffffff-). This way we won't have to worry about the drive disconnection. I'm still open to any other possible cause in case this doesn't work.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

Honestly dont have any other ideas. Lets see if this works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users