Welcome to BC
There are many reasons for a "slow computer". Below is a link to a site that will help you set your security settings in IE. http://www.geocities.com/kilian0072002/IESec.htm
You may have picked up some malware. Use Super Antispyware free to remove the malware and be sure to run a scan using your installed antivirus program. http://www.superantispyware.com/
Cleanup your computer with Ccleaner. During install you will be offered the Yahoo Toolbar. UN
CHECK if not wanted.http://www.ccleaner.com/
Check updates for your Sun Java and update to the latest. Go to Add/Remove and remove ALL older versions after updating.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING SAS: (post the log here if malware is found)
* Double-click the icon on your desktop to run the installer.
* When asked to Update the program definitions, click Yes
* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here
* Next click the Preferences button.
* Click the Scanning Control tab.
* Under Scanner Options make sure only the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
* Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
* On the main screen click Scan your computer
* On the left check the box for the drive you are scanning.
* On the right choose Perform Complete Scan
* Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
* After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK
* Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next
* It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes
* To retrieve the removal information please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (preferably Notepad).
o Save the notepad file to your desktop by clicking (in notepad) File > Save As...
* Save the log somewhere you can easily find it. (normally the desktop)
* Click close and close again to exit the program.
* Please copy and then paste the log in your post.