Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Sp1 No Audio Output Device?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 humanible

humanible

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

hey, so this morning when i got home i decided to let my computer update since it has been bugging me for the past couple days. Low and behold its the Vista Sp update, so me thinking about how great xp's sp's were i decided to go through with it.

So after it was done its installation process and the whole computer reboot i log into my user account and notice that the audio symbol on the pop up bar at the bottom of my screen has changed, and its telling me that i have no audio out put devices installed on my laptop (my built in speakers are no longer being recognized) Please how do i fix this? i go crazy without my music and game audio not to mention youtube.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

We'll need the make and model of the computer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 humanible

humanible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

its an Hp Pavilion dv 6500

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

There's a whole lot of different choices in that model. I also need the product number a what OS are you using? See here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3380544
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users