Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drive To Tv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brisboarder

brisboarder

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hello a total noob here. i did my search to no avail so here goes.
i am buying an external plug'n'play hard drive for movies,pics and music. The Seagate 320GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (STM303204EHAB01) seems like a deal? And i started thinking about if i could play said media on my tv through a usb to av-in or usb to s-vid. The tv is not a new one with usb on it but it is not so old that it has rabbit ears.
Does such a cable exist and where can i find one. i dont want to put much money into this so anything expensive is out of the question, so is there a cable or something simple for this?
Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

So you want to have your video, graphics, and music...play on your TV?

It's possible, I don't know why you would want to do it, if you don't have an LCD monitor, though. The reason I say that is that graphics and video files will look better on a monitor than they would on an older TV like I have...I would gain nothing by viewing them on TV and would lose viewing quality.

The key is...what is manufacturer and model of the TV?

You can look at the following links to get an idea of what's available: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

#3 brisboarder

brisboarder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

thank you for your advice Louis i have read your link and it was as i had thought, i looked into streaming through my TV and the advice was the same. Thanks anyway!!!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

Happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users