Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone Is Not Working (on This Pc)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 senior03

senior03

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

My mics arent working, i tried on my buddys laptop and they worked just fine so i guess its something to do with my pc.

Im not quite sure what to add, im using xp home, never bothered to use the mic function so i never went there (but my brother might have, hence it not working)
I tried to double click the sound icon in the system tray and it said that the mic was on, did the test hardware function and there was no sign of the green to go up and down when i spoke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Could I ask what you're trying to use your mic for. Might be a problem with whatever your using. Game, Teamspeak, Skype, ect.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 senior03

senior03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Pretty much anything, gaming, talking, ventrilo, i tried with the windows sound recorder just to see if it was any software i was using but it wasnt.

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

Try clicking the little sound icon in your task bar and then go to "Options" and make sure advanced options are turned on. Then turn up the microphone volume.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#5 senior03

senior03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

Options are on and the volume is at max, do i need a new driver or anything like that?

#6 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Do you know your sounds card? Most likely intergrated unless you put one in yourself.

You can check by. "Start", "Run", In the text field type "dxdiag". The under the "Sound" tab in the top right corner it will show some specs of your sound card.

#7 senior03

senior03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

Name : Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)

Is '97, 1997? that sounds pretty outdated if so :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users