Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 12007 Dell Winxp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 renn_j

renn_j

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

error 12007, can not access the internet on my daughters dell-winxp. I tried many of the suggestions, still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

[Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 14 September 2008 - 08:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hi renn_j,

There could be a number of reasons for the internet disconnection. 12007 means that IE cannot connect so it is trying at least.

If you aren't sure how to do any of the following then repost. I apologise if I have covered old ground from the previous forum too.

Did it suddenly stop working? Has it ever worked? Did this happen after problems with malware?

Do you have another browser installed? Often another one will connect with no problem

Is there a proxy set on Internet Explorer?

Have you checked the security level on your firewall?

Sometimes the add-ons on IE can cause problems so it might be an idea to switch them off and then if that works slowly add them on until the problem add-on is identified.

It is possible that malware is present. If nothing above works then perhaps it would be worth posting in our "Am I Infected" thread.

That's a lot to cover. Hope it's not too much... :thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users