Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cat 5 Wire Connectors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 golfnut64

golfnut64

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

Hi guys i had to remove a connector from a cat 5 cheap flat untwisted cable & cannot get contact , prior to this i had made several connections to cat 6 twisted cable .Is there a difference in the connectors or the wire size ? i am using the crimp type connectors Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

Others may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its the cable that makes the difference between Cat6 and Cat5 so the connectors should be the same. If you can't get the connection it could be because of the way the pairs are connected if you didn't make up this old cable yourself, I would look at the other end and make sure the colours are as you would expect. Either that or take the connectors off both ends and re-connect them so that you know the pairs are matching up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users