Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change email to Thunderbird?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarieBoyer

MarieBoyer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

We have 2 computers in the house, both have Windows XP with Outlook Express available. Based on some reading here and at other sites, we are going to use Firefox browser for increased security. Should we also use Thunderbird for our email? Or will Outlook be just as secure?

p.s. We have NAV 2005, Zone Alarm, and the major anti-spyware products. (Not that that matters for this question, but just in case.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mandoora

mandoora

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

I can highly recommend thunderbird as an excellent mail client. I have been using and recommending it since it's very early beta releases. Thunderbird includes many security features such as remote image and script blocking by default. It has a reliable and adaptive junk mail filter, useful option for unlimited extensions (provided by the mozilla community) just like Firefox, solid identity management, easy outlook/express migration and many other desirable features.

I am yet to have a problem with thunderbird, and would love to hear any other members impressions of it.

In my opinion you should get it.

mandoora

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:25 PM

I use the Mozilla Suite (now only supported with security updates), which includes both the browser and the Email client, because these two are integrated. I prefer both to the MS software, and have used Mozilla for several years.
While TB is not QUITE as developed as is FF, it is a very good alternative to OE.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users