Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Downloader.fraudload.p, I've Seen A Few People Has Recieved Help Regarding This Problem. Hope You Can Help Me Out As Well.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nylle

Nylle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

I was suddenly infected by this today, all i did was browsing through the internet as any normal person does. I'm running AVG free edition and i've never had any problems before. Suddenly i get the C:\windows\system32\pphce11j0e5sj.exe virus warning and AVG gives me the option to "Heal" it and so i do. Thought everything is fine but seems it keeps popping up with the same virus. Right after my screen changed and it wants me to download a virus checker to remove the viruses. Claims i have 3054 of those. :thumbsup:
I've seen this sort of topic before, and i followed the guidelines. The C:\windows\system32\pphce11j0e5sj.exe virus warning has stopped, but the virus checker is still going on.
I've downloaded MBAM and i've done the quick scan and rebooted.

Using Windows XP Home
I'd really appreciate any help given.

Here's the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28
Database version: 1147
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

14-09-2008 01:29:39
mbam-log-2008-09-14 (01-29-39).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects Scanned: 53855
Time Elapsed: 3 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processed Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 11
Files Infected: 13

Memory Processed Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcph3j0ec31.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\rhcth3j0ec31 (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lphcph3j0ec31 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\originalwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\convertedwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\scrnsave.exe (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31 (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU\RunOnce (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM\RunOnce (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\BrowserObjects (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\rhcth3j0ec31\Quarantine\Packages (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphcph3j0ec31.scr (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcph3j0ec31.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\phcph3j0ec31.bmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pphcph3j0ec31.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.Antivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt4.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt5.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt6.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt7.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt8.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.tt9.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.ttA.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\.ttC.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by Nylle, 13 September 2008 - 07:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Hi Nylle. We have a good start here. Please continue with this procedure:

Lets see if anything is left out there.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
alternate download link DO NOT use yet.

Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the
    definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter
    any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from
    here and
    unzip into the program's folder.
    )
  • Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under
    Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner
    Options
    , make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose:
    Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp"

ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Nylle

Nylle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

Thank you for your fast reply!
The Trojan still keeps popping up, and the antivirus XP 2008 is down in the lower right corner telling me i have X amount of virus and i should disinfect immediately? Never even installed such a program on my computer as far as i know.

The ATF-Cleaner removed some 62 MB's of files.

Here's the log from SuperAntiSpyware:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 09/14/2008 at 03:52 PM

Application Version : 4.21.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 3566
Trace Rules Database Version: 1554

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:26:08

Memory items scanned : 160
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5486
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 63397
File threats detected : 2

Rogue.AntiVirus 2008
C:\Documents and Settings\Mads\Application Data\RHCTH3J0EC31

Rogue.MalwareProtector/Variant
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PPHCPH3J0EC31.EXE

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

Welcome back Nylle,

The next step is a rescan of MalwareBytes. Please be sure to update! Then

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 Nylle

Nylle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Have to go on business trip for a few days. I'll let you know as soon as i'm back.

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Sounds great Nylle... see you when you get back.

#7 Nylle

Nylle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

I'm back now Rigel. Very sorry for taking so long and i thank you for your patience!

I've done the MbaM scan and here's the Kaspersky Online Scanner log, hope i did it correctly:

Friday, September 19, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Friday, September 19, 2008 21:50:45
Records in database: 1249926

Scan settings
Scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan mail databases yes

Scan area My Computer
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
H:\

Scan statistics
Files scanned 67760
Threat name 2
Infected objects 3
Suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan 00:43:50

File name Threat name Threats count
C:\Programmer\3\3.exe/C:\Programmer\3\3.exe Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.AntivirusXP2008.bd 1

C:\Programmer\3\3.exe Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.AntivirusXP2008.bd 1

C:\Programmer\3\Uninstall.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad.vccq 1

The selected area was scanned.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

Welcome back,

We have a couple of steps left. Please run the following procedure.

Download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.
Be sure to read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual. A copy of this manual sarman.pdf can also be found inside the program folder after installation.
  • Double-click sarsfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.
  • Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.
  • A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now". Click Yes.
  • Make sure the following are checked:
    • Running processes
    • Windows Registry
    • Local Hard Drives
  • Click "Start scan".
  • Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.
  • When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.
  • Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
    • Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.
  • Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.
  • A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will be done when you restart your computer. Click "Restart Now".
  • After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.
  • Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.
  • When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.log
  • This should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\.
Note: If the scan is performed while the computer is in use, false positives may appear in the scan results. This is caused by files or registry entries being deleted, including temporary files being deleted automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users