Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive Space

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grafxman

grafxman

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

I reformatted my hard drive abd reinstalled windows XP and and now its saying that all of my HD space is being used. could I have left the old operating system on and installed the new one on top of it? it's was the same System here's my Hijack this log. thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary HJT Log, to allow post to stay in this forum. Copy saved if it is deemed necessary at a later time. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

How big is your hard drive?

#3 sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I once had a similar thing happen on a 98 system a while ago, all I did was run the Error check and when it rebooted it was fine, although It could be slightly different, mine was saying that my hard drive was a lot smaller than what it actually is, not that the total amount of the normal size was taken up but anythings worth a try :thumbsup:

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

This is a program that will give you a graphical representation of all of the files on your system, scaled to how much room they're taking up. It will tell you pretty quickly what's taking up space on your system.
Posted Image

#5 grafxman

grafxman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

my hard drive is 20 GB My computer also have been freezing up lately. I wonder if the two problems are from the same thing? what ever that maybe.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Well a windows install fully updated is nearly 5 gigs, so if you installed your new copy over your old one that is 10Gigs.

Edited by cryptodan, 14 September 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#7 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

Your hard drive is not big enough. When I did a clean install of Windows XP SP2, It took 5 GB of space. Include some programs and your files and that should take more than 10 GB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users