Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Have Avira And Malware Bytes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Super-Infected-man

Super-Infected-man

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Well I have avira,malwarebytes,hjt,killbox, and spybot S&D

What should I keep and delete?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

On my PC I use Comodo Firewall Pro v3 as a two way free firewall, I also use Comodo BoClean, SpywareBlaster and Avira Free Antivirus. These four programs are the only programs I use as real time protection. I also have installed the following Antispyware programs, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, A-Squared Free I use these on a manual rotational basis once or twice a week. I have to say that in my opinion Superantispyware is the best of these three programs.

I stopped using Spybot S&D a long time ago as like AdAware it isnot as good anymore and I believe the three programs above are better. Also the Tea-timer function in S&D I found could cause conflicts.

I also use Autoruns to keep an eye on my start up list etc and have Secunia and FileHippo updater which I run regularly to keep my Programs up to date.

I use Firefox as my main browser with No-Scripts and AdBlock Plus as add-ons onlu using IE for MSM updates etc.

Using the above programs I haven't had more than 2-3 tracking cookies found on my PC for at least 18mth but I also surf safe and don't visit dodgy sites etc

Edited by bluesjunior, 14 September 2008 - 05:23 AM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

Whenever you need to use Killbox or HJT again, chances are you will be advised to download the updated version
I would remove them

Edited by garmanma, 14 September 2008 - 08:17 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users