Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Best Antivirus,anti-trojan,antispyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 cyber_sydney_hunter

cyber_sydney_hunter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

What da best antivirus at da moment? bitdefender or avg?? or other(please let me know)
My laptop got some virus or trojans i guessed since i ve downloaded antivirus xp 2008 that i thought an antivirus program but isnt so i need to clean my laptop, so how can i do it?? should i buy online the antivirus that been advertised on net? please help me, really appreciated ur helps or any recommended?

thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

cyber_sydney_hunter,

You currently have a topic in the Am I Infected? forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168644/got-some-virus/

Have you followed the instructions given by Quietman7 regarding getting rid of the malware you are infected with?
I see no indication that you have. You also mention here that you need to clean your laptop of the infections.
And that needs to be done first, before you think about installing new antivirus and antispyware programs. They won't do you any good if you have an infected computer.
Quietman7 is advising you to install and run AntiMalwareBytes. I advise you to do so if you haven't already done it. Here at BC, we will NEVER tell you to run unsafe programs. Whatever is suggested that you run will be legitimate and safe. MBAM has helped many people get rid of XP Antivirus infections, and it will help you also.
I understand your caution, as there are a lot of bad programs out there, but MBAM is NOT one of the bad ones.
Whoever told you it is the reason you are infected doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
XP Antivirus 2008 is most likely the reason your system is infected.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 September 2008 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users