Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Do You Prefer?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

My parents got me a desktop when my lappy died. While I miss surfing the internet from my bed, I like the fact that it has already lasted longer than my old lappy, and that is easier to upgrade. I'm by no means a hard core computer geek, but it was very easy to find and install a mid-range 3-D graphics card into my desktop (Dreamfall: The Longest Journey!!! :thumbsup: ). I'm also thinking of upgrading my monitor as well...can't do that with a laptop, as it is all one piece.

So, overall, I like my desktop better!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Krispy Kreme

Krispy Kreme

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:52 AM

I use my desktop more because it has more speed and quality, laptop only when im doing something outside of home.

#18 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

I have a desk top unit with a super processor and 4 gigs of RAM. It has a separate job here!

I have 4 lappies soon to become 8.

ALL run Lappies VISTA with super processors with 3+ gigs. [Except the desk which is still XP]

The manufacturer's and minor details are not important.

One gets what one pays for. Build it! [And none are are a DELL DUDE!]

I have had no real problems with any that I haven't caused.

Edited by KoanYorel, 11 October 2008 - 12:44 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#19 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

Hands down. Desktop out perform Laptops. As for moving around.. Yeah I guess the Notebook PC has that beat. Not like hiking around with a 50 pound Desktop tower on your back. I own both. I prefur my Notebook for surfing the web and playing low-end games. My desktop is my Media Center-Gaming-Video Editor and much more rolled into one box. So.. Again Desktop wins this vote for me
Posted Image

#20 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Great!

#21 JayTG

JayTG

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

Laptop. Mine provides me with mobility, entertainment, performance and quality. It's perfect for my needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users