Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tdsserv, Idctup20.exe, And Smitfraud

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrisjake

chrisjake

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

i've been wrestling with what i originally thought was 1 virus over the past week or so and i think, or should i say HOPE that i'm now clean. i wanted to post a few logs here for the experts to check to see if that actually may be the case.

1st a bit of history on this. approx 8-10 days ago my pc abruptly crashed the Win32 server and rebooted with the DCOM server message. it only rebooted once. ever since then my gmail account looked wrong, i couldnt navigate to any antivirus sites, and google redirected all my research queries. since then i've been jumping through hoops trying to find and rid myself of this.

i've downloaded and ran Spybot, MBAM, SAS, and HJT numerous times. installed Mcafee and Avast, deleted some registry entries (with the help of my tech-savy friend), uninstalled JAVA and Weatherbug, rebooted 1 million times, ran dozens of scans, etc... i found most of my workflow through sites like this.

the 1st virus i found was idctup20.exe. i found that through Avast and deleted it through same. i then found Smitfraud through Spybot and used Smit Fraud Fix to hopefully remedy that one. even though my antivirus was coming up empty and my gmail looked ok, i was still unable to access any antivirus sites, nor could i download ANY exe file, as it would come up corrupted.

just today i found SDFix and tried to run it. it ran, said it found a trojan in memory, rebooted my pc and hung at a simple blue screen w/o any icons or activity. manually rebooted the pc, tried again, same thing. so for the hell of it i tried MBAM again and this time found 16 instances of TDSSERV. researching what i could about this virus made me want to cry. i really did NOT want to reformat my drive. after supposedly deleting TDSSERVE through MBAM, i rebooted again and this time was greeted by SDFix finishing its trojan cleaning. i was overjoyed. it found tdsserv, killed it, and since then i'm able to access antivirus, download and re-install JAVA and Gmail is back to normal.

since this took over a week to do, i want to post my latest logs for the experts to go through to tell me if they see anything suspicious there. these logs are from SDFIX, MBAM and HJT

SDFIX:
SDFix: Version 1.223
Run by Jake on Fri 09/12/2008 at 09:07 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Rootkit Found :
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tdssserv.sys - Rootkit.Win32.Agent.cku

Name :
tdssserv
tdssserv

Path :
\systemroot\system32\drivers\TDSSserv.sys

tdssserv - Deleted
tdssserv - Deleted

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

No Trojan Files Found

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-09-12 22:16:58
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 6.2"
"C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YPager.exe"="C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YPager.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe:*:Enabled:Skype"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\aol\\Loader\\aolload.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\aol\\Loader\\aolload.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Loader"
"C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe:*:Disabled:RealPlayer"
"C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Medal of Honor Pacific Assault™\\mohpa.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Medal of Honor Pacific Assault™\\mohpa.exe:*:Enabled:Medal of Honor Pacific Assault™"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\McAfee\\Common Framework\\FrameworkService.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\McAfee\\Common Framework\\FrameworkService.exe:*:Enabled:McAfee Framework Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 6.2"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Thu 14 Aug 2008 1,429,840 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe"
Wed 30 Jul 2008 4,891,984 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
Mon 18 Aug 2008 1,832,272 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\TeaTimer (Spybot - Search & Destroy)\TeaTimer.exe"
Fri 2 Jun 2006 4,348 ..SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\DRM\DRMv1.bak"
Sun 26 Aug 2007 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"
Fri 2 Jun 2006 4,348 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Jake.JAKESDELL\My Documents\My Music\License Backup\drmv1key.bak"
Fri 2 Jun 2006 20 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Jake.JAKESDELL\My Documents\My Music\License Backup\drmv1lic.bak"
Mon 28 Feb 2005 312 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Jake.JAKESDELL\My Documents\My Music\License Backup\drmv2key.bak"
Tue 8 Oct 2002 106,496 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Common Files\aolshare\shell\us\shellext.dll"
Sun 26 Aug 2007 20 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Jake.JAKESDELL\Application Data\Real\Rhapsody\wmlicbackup\drmv1lic.bak"

Finished!

-------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28
Database version: 1141
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/12/2008 11:11:24 PM
mbam-log-2008-09-12 (23-11-24).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 53595
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

----------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:34:17 PM, on 9/12/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\GoBack\GBPoll.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TRIXX\TRIXX.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Scriptcl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TRIXX] "C:\Program Files\TRIXX\TRIXX.exe" -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE2] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .htm: C:\Netscape\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://photos.walmart.com/WalmartActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1120285357000
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: GBPoll - Roxio, Inc. - C:\Program Files\GoBack\GBPoll.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for all your help

chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SNOWHITE

SNOWHITE

missy malware magnet

• Members
  • 2,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hello and welcome to BC

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
    Note: If you are using Windows Vista, right click at RSIT.exe and select 'Run as administrator'.

• Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Next
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
In your next reply please post back with the following reports:
  • RSIT log.txt
  • RSIT info.txt
  • Kaspersky report
Regards
SNOWHITE
Posted Image

#3 SNOWHITE

SNOWHITE

missy malware magnet

• Members
  • 2,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you
SNOWHITE
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users