Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie Signing In

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skyguyb27

skyguyb27

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hello, I found this site looking for ways to fix my computer. I am guessing I am not the first. I look foward to learning from all of you and helping you as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Hi, thanks for joining us skyguyb27. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

Welcome to this helpful user community!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 skyguyb27

skyguyb27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I have searched several post that are similar to mine and ran the programs that were submitted to the users asking for help. I am still having issues with my computer. Here is what is going on if you can point me in the right direction. Computer starts very slow. Once it makes it to the desktop it takes forever for the start up to complete. Then if I use IE it can take 1 minute or so before I can actually see yahoo.com loaded. I have found a few viruses ect through the various programs I have ran. ( I have ran bit defender online, AVG 8.0, atf cleaner, and I downloaded Spyware doctor, but with that running my computer basically dies on boot up like it has no memory to support everything.) As far as my hardware, I have a HP pavilion dv2000 1.6, 1g ram. I know I need to rum hijack this thread at some point but I dont know where to start this post or exactly how to use that log. If someone could point me in the right direction I sure could use some help. Oh 2 other things......I do have Burn4free tool bar in programs which I think some people have associated with bad stuff and when I downloaded google chrome the other day it seemed to go soooo much faster than the IE I am using. I also have firefox which seems about the same as IE but it takes forever to open.

Thanks in advance,
ME

#5 Voltz

Voltz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

Hi.i got this forum because i need to FIX my computer from bluescreen everytime i was playing a game... :thumbsup:

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hello skyguyb27
Please make a new topic of your question here, thanks.
BleepingComputer.com > Security > Am I infected? What do I do?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

HI Voltz,welcome to the forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 skyguyb27

skyguyb27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

THANKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users