Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Url Question ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

OK, my HD in my head is fried, so have a little human compassion, . .
for a dumb question,

Which is the URL

HTML
<a href="http://s202.photobucket.

or

Image Code
[IMG]http://i202.photobucket

or

Direct Link
http://i202.photobucket.

Please-Thanks ! Don't make me google this ! My wrist is shot from drawing with the mouse and I can't think any more.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

Direct Link

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/U/URL.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Which is the URL

HTML
<a href="http://s202.photobucket.
or
Image Code
[IMG]http://i202.photobucket
or
Direct Link

Garmanma My good man,

Please excuse my weak moment of b_tc_ing and moaning, I'm, have a sore wrist, and tired eyes, . .

but I would have to decide from here which is the URL

This is from the web site you referred me to, I know you mean well, and it is very considerate of you, but, . . . ?

Abbreviation of Uniform Resource Locator, the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.

The first part of the address is called a protocol identifier and it indicates what protocol to use, and the second part is called a resource name and it specifies the IP address or the domain name where the resource is located. The protocol identifier and the resource name are separated by a colon and two forward slashes.

For example, the two URLs below point to two different files at the domain pcwebopedia.com. The first specifies an executable file that should be fetched using the FTP protocol; the second specifies a Web page that should be fetched using the HTTP protocol:
# ftp://www.pcwebopedia.com/stuff.exe
# http://www.pcwebopedia.com/index.html

I still don't know which one to post in a forum that is asking for the image URL, and there is no
preview at this forum.

Sorry, I looked it up in a Webster's New World Dictionary of Computer terms, before I posted,

I'm not entirely lazy but I am spent.

I apologize, but I still don't know which one it is ?

Hey I know there are no dumb questions, but they are easier to answer !

Edited by Jove, 12 September 2008 - 09:27 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I mean at Photo Bucket there is the direct link, . . . the Image Code

and the HTML.

So, I guess that the HTML is the URL ? correct ?

Anybody ?

I just joined this forum there is no preview, it is a military forum,

I'd hate to look really dumb !

Ok! , I'm really dumb !

Just don't jump own me !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

For security reasons we do not utilize HTML Links on this forum. You would use the [img] version url from photobucket. It's the bottom one of the four under each image in your gallery.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

Thanks animal,
I felt ridiculous asking, and don't understand the reasoning in your answer, but don't bother yourself, I'll get it through trial and error.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Let me see if I can explain. I feel it's helpful for you to understand in this instance. HTML can be used in malicious ways. With this in mind, and for the security of our members. We have disabled the use of HTML formatting of links for our website.

Since HTML is not a format compatible here, do not use that link in your photobucket account when adding links. You may be able to use it elsewhere however. For this forum, use the bottom link in your photobucket account that says IMG Code It's the fourth and last one in the list of, Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code and IMG Code, that are underneath each image in you photobucket account.

Does that make a little more sense now?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

Which is the URL

And to further answer... they are all URLs. All of them are valid addresses. Which you use in any given circumstance depends on the medium you are using to communicate.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

I basically have an Idea of what Animal is talking about a security issue, that somehow HTML,

provides the kind of information, (and I am assuming it is from the properties info, that can be obtained from the image posted), that BC would like not to use. OK if that is not altogether correct, that's OK I'll review it with a little research.

But for now, I think that Galadriel, has pretty much answered my question, . . .

the site I arrived is a Military related site, where I was going to post some, search and rescue aviation information's, there are so many cookies there I'm not sure I want to be there any more,

I have issues here I need to deal with first.

But, they ask in the image insertion to paste the URL, I would have easily done that, excepting there was no Preview function there and I decided I better get the right one first.

I think I recall posting images that we not the regular Image URL as you have described for use here, so I'm not sure what they use, I'll just have to try to contact them and find out.
I have a little more knowledge now !

Thanks much for your time and efforts.

Edited by Jove, 14 September 2008 - 03:49 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users