Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidentally Uninstalled A Programme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Catrina

Catrina

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

:thumbsup:

Ok, I accidentally uninstalled my microsoft office, now I'm left with 'wordpad'. I have a discdrive that doesn't work properly so cant reinstall from disc..

Heeeeelp

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

Do you have a flash drive or an external drive?

If so, do you have access to another computer?
Copy Office disk to one of the above using another computer, then hook up the drive to yours and install. Make sure you have the cd key when you install.

#3 Catrina

Catrina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Do you have a flash drive or an external drive?

If so, do you have access to another computer?
Copy Office disk to one of the above using another computer, then hook up the drive to yours and install. Make sure you have the cd key when you install.

Dont have access to another PC. Don't have a flash drive. Tech terms just go way over my head.

:thumbsup:

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

You didn't say what is wrong with your cd drive that makes it not work properly.

Is it not reading the cd when it's inserted?
There is one thing you can try.

Insert the cd. If it spins up like it's trying to read it:

Open up My Computer from your desktop.

RIGHT click on your cd drive. If the menu opens, choose OPEN. This will show the files on the cd.

Look for the setup icon. You didn't mention what version of Office you have-in Office 2002 it's OWC10 and ProPlus. (either will work for 2002)
(if you don't see either of those, you'll have to figure out what to click in order to install)

If this works, you will be able to install the program.
As stated above, make sure you have the key handy.

What Is A Flash Drive?

What Flash Drives Look Like

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 September 2008 - 10:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users