Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Restart And Stuck At Bios, Unable To Reformat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vaige

vaige

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

hi all,

i was watching my TV Series as usual and suddenly my PC suddenly powered off, and restarted.

However, its stuck at the 2nd BIOS Page and wont boot anymore.

So, i panicked and wanted to backup my data before anything goes wrong, and i took my laptop out.

and when i power on my laptop, the laptop also stuck at the BIOS page! i was using the laptop 2 hours ago and

it was completely fine. So i tried to reformat my laptop as i dont have important data and after booting from the CD.

It prompt saying it cannot detect hard disk and leave me only 1 option to press f3 to quit the XP Setup.

Im thinking both my PC and Laptop have gotten some sort of virus or something but i cant load into windows at all.

Simply stuck at the BIOS screen, no option to go into safe mode or anything.

Any gurus can help me on this please?? Many thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

Do you have another hdd cable to try on the desktop? If so then try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users