Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe/macromedia Flash +windows 95

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valdur55

valdur55

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I want run flash in old computer. With win95 there was a win98 and i installed windows95.
WIn95 is faster bunt i can't see ant flash items.
Maybe is adobe flash player 5.0 correct item. But always come Unsuported Installation Adobe flash player Activex.
This is not accurate error but i hope you know what I mean

Edited by valdur55, 12 September 2008 - 01:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

Welcome to BT valdur.

I want run flash in old computer. With win95 there was a win98 and i installed windows95.
WIn95 is faster bunt i can't see ant flash items.
Maybe is adobe flash player 5.0 correct item. But always come Unsuported Installation Adobe flash player Activex.
This is not accurate error but i hope you know what I mean

You would be better of using Win98SE you don't gain that much in speed with Win95.

Now I use Flash Player 9.0.124.0 (IE) I presume you are using IE for your browser if not there is a non IE version on the same site.

Now I'm using Win98SE and this software update works perfectly for me and it does say for all Windows versions. Now don't be conned with that because the Flash Player 10 RC (IE) says all Windows versions and I downloaded it and tried to install but it said OS incompatable so its not for Win9x.

Now there are older versions if you prefer here. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 valdur55

valdur55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

Ok. What version i need try??
I have tryed 5.0 but same item...
mmm... No thanks for Windows 98. I has come "illegal operation and this need to close" :thumbsup:

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

Ok. What version i need try??
I have tryed 5.0 but same item...
mmm... No thanks for Windows 98. I has come "illegal operation and this need to close" :flowers:

I'm not sure which version to try its a suck it and see. Have a look in Winows\System\Macromed\Flash folder and see what files are listed. You may have Flash.ocx which came from v6.0 but if no ocx's are shown then there aren't any installed. So you would start with the oldest version and work your way up one at a time. Only the newer versions you have to uninstall previous versions before you install them. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#5 valdur55

valdur55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

OK. i have installed Flash 7 version. But allways come..
I have downloaded lastest version of flash in Adobe site (for 95 :thumbsup:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users