Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Really Not Understanding Something And I Need An Immediate Answer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miyavi

Miyavi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

Ok so yesterday my computer at home wasn't acting right and the night before this pop up came up on my computer saying something was causing my computer to load slow and I had to navigate away from the page and I had to have some type of Norton software or something and that it was recommended. I kept clicking on okay but I forgot to turn the web page off and and then later another pop up came up saying that a virus was detected but everything after that I can't really remembre unfortunatley. I did a virus and malware scan, and both said no viruses were detected yet while they were running the computer was still running slowly. I've always suspected something was wrong with it because it often does load slow.

So yesterday I tried to turn on my computer, and my computer often loads slowly with that little flat line in the top left corner, and then this thing came up saying a hardware or software had been changed and I had a to choose one of the few options. As in, it said there was an error loading up the computer and if I tried turning on the computer but it was interrupted by a power failure or reset button click on Start windows normally [i think that's what it said], and if the computer shut down and something regarding files then click on Load last known configuration [i think] sorry im not sure about what it said exactly. I moved the arrow up to Start Windows Normally and pressed [enter]. I saw the windows logo so I thought it'd be fine, but you know how after it does that the screen is black for a short moment then the menu [or accounts on that computer] comes up? Mines just stayed there, the screen was dark but I could still see the arrow.

So any ideas on what must be happening? :thumbsup: :flowers:
P.S I'm not posting this from home, it's inacessable right now.

Edited by Pandy, 12 September 2008 - 12:20 PM.
Moved to AII ~Pandy

Who wants Cake?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

It sounds like you may have a bad file on your operating system. Not meaning malware, like missing a vital file.

Try a Windows repair install or clean install if you'd like.

As for the alert that is telling you that thier may be a virus on your computer, I'd say first get your computer to boot, then try and run a scan in safe mode. Try Ad-Aware SE for a virus scanner.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 12 September 2008 - 12:17 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 Miyavi

Miyavi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

Nothing I press works. it's always blank except the arrow.
Who wants Cake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users