Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sp3 Update,monitor Failure.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 guku116

guku116

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

ok so this is the story:

yesterday i wanted to plugin my tv screen as a monitor for my pc becuz i wanted to watch a movie so i took out my original monitor with the screws nd stuff WHILE it was installing SP3 on my pc(i think actually it has just finished installing but anyway) so i took out the screws and just plugged out my original monitor. that was connected all the time.and put in the tv. so the TV dident show anything so i did an illegal shutdown(while i think becuz installing sp3 i had to do a normal safe restart)that dident work eather the tv dident show anything.so i just lost hope after multiple tries. plugged out all the cables from the tv to the computer, and plugged back the cabel with the screws from my orginal monitor.then turned on the pc. got the windows booting screen it done booting and then. black screen on my monitor. the pc is still running but it aint showing anything. tried 2-3 times nothing. so i tried getting into safe-mode and that worked. when i go into safemode. it works. but when i let windows boot normally after the booting screen the monitor just doesnt show anything.and i cant do a system restore becuz it is turned off an i need to be in normal mode to turn it on.

hope someone can help me with this problem.

(EXTRA INFO=before i plugged out original monitor i plugged in the tv also and played a little bit with the settings becuz my pc dident find the tv.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wombat_1945

wombat_1945

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

I really do not like your chances mate.

Unplugging hardware while the computer is powered up is definitely a quick way of cooking something.

Unplugging hardware when you are installing a service pack is not a good idea either.

It looks like you will need to do a repair install to fix your problem.

Follow the instructions here... http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Wombat's: Bulldozers of the bush...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users