Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got Infected With Sheur.akyb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kaloy_80

kaloy_80

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

Hello,

My wife inserted a USB drive on my computer and an error message from AVG keeps on popping out on my screen about an trojan horse named SHeur.akyb.

SInce then I can not access my other hard drive. I was able to run MSN cleaner when I read about it from a previous post. I can now access the hard drive that is connected by IDE but I cannot access the other SATA Hard Drive.

I'm using winxp pro, and from what I understand while reading the post on the trojan virus, it will create an autorun.inf file on any removable storage devices and save that on your local drive once you boot up again. I know I was able to clean my IDE hard drive since I can now access the files in it using MSN cleaner, but I can't clean the SATA Hard Drive cause I can't find any option to configure the MSN cleaner to scan the SATA drive and because of this it keeps on saving it on the IDE hard drive again once I reboot.

I got the steps from this link www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/f103-3600.html now I'm trying to follow the steps on this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;hl=Sheur.akyb and I'm hoping Malwarebytes solves the problem.

Also is there anyway to configure my computer so it will not recognize the SATA drive as a removable hard drive?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:12 AM

Hi Kaloy

Would you look at post 2 and 4 in this thread where QM7 references those autorun.inf infections

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...526&hl=subs

The design specs for sata drives call for them to be hot-plugable, or removable, the nvidia vhipset motherboards seemed to have implmented this first, there's nothing you can do about it as far as I know
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 kaloy_80

kaloy_80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

Oh man!! Not only are you guys quick, you do the job so well. I thought I had resolved the issue this morning by deleting a hidden notepad.exe file and replacing the autorun.inf file with my own version, but it happened to me again when I rebooted. I've been reading about QM7 on a lot of threads but I could not find the exact thread to help me out and I know he has been helping a lot of people.

Thanks Chewy for pointing me out and helping out. I'm telling everyone I know about this site, or they may already know this site, since they've been online for a long time now. :thumbsup:

I'll share the information you guys gave me to other people I know who are having the same issues.

Thanks again!

Edited by kaloy_80, 12 September 2008 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users