Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Microphone Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerFixz

ComputerFixz

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Well I have a HP notebook windows vista and never really got to testing the built in microphone until basically now. It is a HP Pavilion Dv2415nr notebook with built in mic and webcam. The webcam works wonderfully, as for the mic...well not at all. I try to start up sound recorder and it even says it can't find any microphone! What is going on and how can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerFixz

ComputerFixz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Ok I manged to get it working but now there is like a ton of static and high pitched ringing sounds :l

#3 Pr3diction

Pr3diction

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

Have you checked if your Microphone volume is on? To do so please follow the steps below:

Click Start then open up the Control Panel. Once inside, choose Sounds and Audio Devices. Now click on the Voice tab and click on Volume for Voice playback. Check that the Microphone slider is up. Now press Volume for Voice Recording and check that the Microphone slider is up and also make sure the Check box below it is ticked. Now try and see if it works :flowers:

Also, this is quite common for microphones, but how far away are you sitting from it? Try talking closer into the microphone and see if it works.

Also, if you have another Sound Mixer on your computer that controls the properties/sounds of your Sound Card, try and open that up and see if you can find an option that says Microphone Booster or Increase Microphone Sensitivity - Often Microphones by default need that extra tweak to be able to pick things up better :trumpet:

Hope all this information regarding this issue has helped :inlove:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users