Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Recovery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 St_Anger

St_Anger

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

OK, i downloaded Microsoft AntiSpyware a couple of days ago and I ran a scan. It picked up loads of things.OK, so that part is good. However, it detected some files that i downloaded from Kazaa, along time ago. OK, not some files, about 400 or so. The majority of them were songs. MS AntiSpyware quarantined Kazaa and all of my songs. I could still listen to them in iTunes, so that was ok. I then un-quarantined kazaa because i thought i might accidently delete it and everything was still ok.

And now today iTunes cant locate any of my songs, and the kazaa folder has now disappeared. It hasn't gone into my recycle bin, because for some reason anything that i delete NEVER goes into my recycle bin, and if anyone could help me with that, i would be very grateful. Is there anyway i can get my songs back? Thanks in advance for any help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

MS Antispyware quarantined Kazaa because it's infected. About half of the files from Kazaa are infected. MS Antispyware is just doing its job.

Wired News article

Cnet news article

I recommend that you permanently remove Kazaa from your system.

#3 St_Anger

St_Anger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:50 PM

OK, i will remove Kazaa, i hear it can cause alot of problems. So, is there anyway i can get more songs back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users