Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Xp 2008 Hall.dll Errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SLR722

SLR722

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hello

I am new here. Hello all.

I have researched regarding the bastard Anti Virus XP 2008 and am now suffering extensively with the virus. So much so that my computer was completely messed. Even using my browser the URLs would redirect to advertising harvests, by American Domain Registrars.

I managed to Google you guys and used the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware MBAM. It said it found 32 errors and include the Anti Virus 2008 registries. I then clicked restart.

Bang

The computer now will not even restart, even in safe mode, most recent mode, safe mode with networking, no luck. It displays the following very quickly. It mentions an INI error and boot message then prompts out:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

I already tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477 reading on Windows.

I took it to the computer store today and found it cannot be repaired according to them and would need formatting. And I would loose everything.

Can anyone help me please?

Bastard hackers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

welcome to bleepingcomputer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=935455

I am surprised the computer store didn't try a repair disk, they probably are too lazy and inexperienced

ps, it's not hackers that infected your computer, it's the guy sitting in the chair, been there and done that

Edited by DaChew, 11 September 2008 - 12:50 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users