Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help To Shutdown And View Pcs.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sam_ph

sam_ph

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

Respected Sir,

I want to solve some problem that i am facing in my LAB when i administrate it....

The questions are:
When i try to remotely shutdown my PC through Dos Shutdown commant with switch -i to my any of LAB Pc then i got the msg Access Denied..... Why...????? As i hv server 2003 on server and XP installed on my all LAB Pc....and hv admin rights...

Second question is that i want to view all my PC connected in LAB through DOS command.... thats the question that was asked by person that take my interview and i was just stuck and has no specific idea.

I know that there are alot of 3rd party tools to do these two task....but i want in DOS mode ...becoz it is available in almost every PC......so not depends on any of that tools...

Sir, any kind of help would b really appreciated....!

Thanks in advance..!

Mod Edit: Link to commercial site removed.~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 11 September 2008 - 11:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

For your remote shutdown problem, is remote administration disabled? Its not XP home is it because there is a resource kit to download to enable remote shutdown for that.

Dos networking isn't one of my strong-points, but could the ARP command help?

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Remote Shutdown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users